- Computer which offer information to be read are called servers.
- Computer that read the information offered are called clients.
- Respond to client requests for information
- Accept data from clients
-TCP/IP is the only protocal used to send data all around the internet.
-TCP si a set of communication Protocals
-IP is a unique address . every machine connected to the internet most have an address by which it can be located on the internet.
-Each machine connected to the internet must have a unique IP address which identifies that machine.
-Domain Name Extension
- .edu-server that provide educational services.
- .gov- server that provide information about the government of a country.
- .mil- server that provide Militery Information.
- .org- server that provide information about the organozation in the world.
- .com- server that providing commercial services takes care of connecting a client to the virtual domain as required.
-The structure of an Internet address
http-is the communication protocal to be used.
www-is the notation for world wide web.
microsoft-is the registered domain name associated with the IP address of an internet server.
com-the server provides commercial services to clinets who connect to it.
-The structure of IP address
an IP address is a 32 bit number, divided into two sections, the network number and the host number. address are written as four fields, eight bits each seperated by a period, each field can be a number ranging from 0 to 255. this method of addressing is called dotted decimal notation.
-A web server supports multiple protocals for example, a web server may support two protocals viz. HTTP, FTP